We were just getting used to the innovative and speedy services provided by the young and tech-driven bank and yet, they just got more practical with another practical feature.
Imagine a space where you can share your account details with friends or business partners securely for the purposes of collaboration? Something like a file-sharing solution for your banking needs?
Well, the N26 Bank recently announced the launch of a feature dubbed ‘Spaces’. This new addition provides a fast and easy way to set aside money based on your personal preferences.
With Spaces we give users the freedom to set up their financial world without the limitations of traditional banking, Valentin Stalf, CEO and Co-Founder of N26.
What does that mean?
You will now be able to instantly move funds to your personalized “Space” and back to your main N26 Personal/Business/N26Black/Metal account.
This provides control over how you organize your money and keep track of multiple financial goals.
This also means that for the first time in banking, one can create tailored sub-accounts to save or allocate money for specific things.
So, your purchases and experiences: whether it be shopping for a wedding, starting a small business or planning a holiday, can all be clearly budgeted for.
Your ‘Spaces’, therefore, are set up as separate sub-accounts. It makes it even easier to maintain discipline over your daily spending. Some of you(referred to as penny-pinchers) are disciplined enough to be already doing this.
Spaces will help you avoid using tedious spreadsheets or pen and paper.
You are now given the flexibility of customizing ‘Spaces’ by choosing names, transferring money seamlessly between accounts with simple drag-and-drop motions. You can also open and close the spaces as when as needed.
Some ‘good to knows’
- Spaces is available immediately to customers in all 17 markets that N26 operates.
- In addition to your main account, you can create and delete additional Spaces as often as you’d like. The number of active Spaces at any one time depends on your account type.
- You get 2 more Spaces with an N26 or N26 Business account; or up to 10 additional Spaces with N26 Black and N26 Metal.
- Your primary account statements will include all transactions sent to a ‘Space’ or received from one.
- Only your primary Space can be negative (if you are eligible for an overdraft). All other balances in Spaces cannot be negative: meaning you can only transfer what is available in a particular Space.
- You can only use the balance from your primary Space toward your Mastercard transactions. Consider transferring money before making a purchase.
- Drag money from one Space to another by dragging your finger from one Space to another. Once the amount is confirmed the balance is updated right away.
Welcome to the future of innovative and mobile banking!
– Click on the card to get your new* N26 account –
*The personal card is free of any monthly management fees and available in EU and soon in the USA.